As we age, our skin begins to show signs such as: wrinkles, age spots, creases, smile lines and crows feet around the eyes. It is an inevitable factor in life but that doesn’t mean you have to sit idly by as the reflection in the mirror becomes a stranger staring back at you.
Naturally, there is no fountain of youth or miracle formula to erase the ages of time; however, with the dynamic duo of anti-aging ceramide containing creams and the right diet full of antioxidant rich properties, you can give your skin a younger, healthier look.
The Anti-Aging Diet
There are several different foods that are full of anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants and omega-3 acids, that are all wonderful for assisting in giving you healthy, youthful looking skin. Below are a few foods to add to your meals:
- Vegetables and Fruits: The more vibrant in color the better. Green leafy veggies including spinach, kale and collard greens are packed with skin friendly goodness. In addition, carrots, corn, peppers and sweet potatoes should make it onto your plate. Grapes and blueberries are full of antioxidants. Cantaloupe is a power fruit, as well.
- Fatty Fish: Omega-3 acids are found in fatty fishes including: salmon, mackerel, albacore tuna and sardines. Stray away from sardines packed in saturated oils. If you are not a fishy person, consider a fish oil supplement to get your omega-3’s.
- Nuts: Nuts are another alternative for omega-3 acid intake.
- Dairy Products: Stray away from high fat dairy products. Instead, incorporate lower fat milk and yogurt.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains including: wheat, barley, brown rice, oats and quinoa are wonderful alternatives to processed flour and white rice. Try to include at least three servings of whole grains a day. If you are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease, talk with your doctor about finding healthy alternatives.
Best Skin Care Products
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, two of the most crucial elements for your anti-aging skin care regimen are a good moisturizer and sunscreen. Sunscreen should be applied before you moisturize and should have an SPF of at least 30. Water resistant sunscreen is preferred.
The key to successful anti-aging skin care is utilizing a product that focuses on skin barrier optimization (SBO). Of course, knowing this TrueLipids does just that. Ceramides in your skin’s barrier are lost with sun damage, exposure to hot environments and the use of skin products that cause skin irritation, such as those formulated with ingredients including: oatmeal, gluten, alcohol and pantheonic acid. Moisturizing with lotions, creams and ointments that contain ceramides will help replace those lost by natural elements.
By adhering to a combination of eating anti-aging skin friendly foods and utilizing the best skin care products available to combat against those tell all signs, you best optimize your chances of obtaining healthier, younger looking skin.