While mankind’s pursuit for immortality is not new and has been pursued in many forms throughout centuries, it will likely be stem cell research and genetics that lead to prolonged life in these modern times. The idea of aging and inevitable death has lead many to seek out anti-aging reversal products and treatments. Some have adapted plastic surgery procedures and injections, as their attempt of slowing the process down. However, for many of us, these forms of treatments are too invasive and expensive.
Tips to Slow Down Your Aging Clock
- Wear Sunscreen: Implement this as part of your daily routine. Choose sunscreens with an SPF of 30. Apply throughout the day if directly in sun or in and out of water. Excessive time in the sun can lead to noticeable signs of aging.
- Drink Water: Put down caffeinated beverages and sugary substitutes! Hydrate your skin from the inside out. Remember the 8X8 rule? That’s 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water each day for optimal health.
- Stop Puckering:I see a lot of people running around with water bottles to stay hydrated and fit. The problem? The constant pursing of the lips can result in fine lines, creases and wrinkles. Opt for a bottle with a squirting nozzle and squirt the water into your mouth instead.
- No Tanning Beds: Despite all the medical research linking tanning beds to premature signs of aging and skin cancer, people are still paying to turn their skin orange! Stop it! Tan skin is not worth the prolonged effects of premature aging and the risk of melanoma.
- Eat Omega-3: Omega-3 fatty acids are an anti-inflammatory food and have been attributed to many benefits for our skin. Omega-3s can be found in foods including white albacore tuna, salmon, mackerel, walnuts, avocados, flaxseed and hemp hearts!
- Avoid Hot Water: The hotter the water, the drier your skin will be come! Dry skin leads to itching, infection and signs of aging. When you run a shower or draw a bath, substitute lukewarm water. Limit your times to no more than 10 minutes.
- Moisturize: Moisturize, and Moisturize Again! The best way to obtain healthier, younger looking skin is with a proper moisturizing routine. The best skin care products for anti-aging will focus on skin barrier optimization, essential skin lipid replacement and contain ceramides (Ceramide 3 in particular). Apply your moisturizer at least twice per day. For best moisture lock, utilize a heavy cream or ointment and apply 3-5 minutes after showering.
Results from using TrueLipids Rejuvenation Kit, which includes products that address aging and help repair the skin to a more youthful state.